A stunning newly reno Read more [...]
If you are looking for a basic traditional cottage with rustic charm and seclusion at the shore of North Bay overlooking the Sea of the Hebrides, Rubha Chàrnain may be the place for you.
The cottage sleeps four and offers
- Double bedroom overlooking North Bay
- Twin bedroom with views to the North and the West
- A spacious wood-lined living room with open fire and good-sized dining area
- Bathroom with WC and bath
- Additional WC
- Fully equipped kitchen including cooker/oven/grill, washing machine, microwave and fridge
- Outdoor furniture
- Partial heating (coal fire and electric radiator in living area, electric radiators in the bedrooms)
The cottage has retained much of its old character and has a maritime feel. With no television you can enjoy dining, listening to music, reading or playing games by the open fire and are bound to have an unforgettable break from busy city life.
The cottage has seaside views from most windows and the surrounding land slopes gently down to the shore. At the bottom of the garden you can go rock fishing, launch your own kayak or just enjoy the calls of the seabirds.
If you love storm watching, star gazing, are hardy and have a healthy appetite for adventure why not try the Hebrides in winter?
Barra is fully exposed to Atlantic gales in winter and is an excellent location for trying out if your outdoor clothing is really as water- and windproof as advertised in the shop.
Bruernish is free from light pollution and on a clear night you can step out of the door and see the Milky Way. Rubha Chàrnain is on a quiet cul-de-sac.
We welcome children at the cottage and have a good selection of buckets and spades as well as some body boards.
The cottage is non-smoking and we have a strict no pets policy.
- Contact Person: Anke-Beate StahlAccommodates: 4Bedrooms: 2Price: £320-390 pwOpen: January-DecemberCastlebay: 8 milesAirport: 3.5 milesPets: No PetsSmoking: No SmokingDeposit: 50% depositExtras: Electricity allowance, coal included